The MAPADOC team is pleased to announce the release of new functionality for MAPADOC for Sage 100. The new features and functionality are available in Sage 100 2017 (5.4) and 2018 (6.0).
The first item of note is Sage released significant new functionality in Sage 100 2018 PU3. This new functionality allows users to consolidate multiple sales orders into a single invoice. To avoid potentially breaking MAPADOC functionality, changes were made in several areas.
- Create Package & Label Data – “Use Shipping Data Entry Quantities”: If this option is selected in the shipment type and the invoice associated to the order has multiple sales orders on it the quantities will not be retrieved properly. Changes have been made to skip orders if this option is being used and the associated invoice has multiple sales orders. The user will be prompted with a message as follows “Sales Order Number XXXXXXX is associated to an invoice with multiple sales orders. Order skipped.” and the order will be skipped. Note that although the feature references Shipping Data Entry – it can be used with Invoice Data Entry or Shipping Data Entry – hence the change needed to be made now.
- Select Invoices to Consolidate – Manual and Automatic Consolidation: Since Sage will allow sales orders with different customer purchase order numbers to be associated to one invoice, they cannot be included in our consolidation logic. Our consolidation logic consolidates by PO Number and DC Code. Any invoices with multiple sales orders associated to it will be skipped during consolidated invoice selection (both manual and automatic during journal update).
- Outbound Invoice Creation – Manual and Unattended: If a user tried to send an invoice with multiple sales orders associated to it, only the first sales order on the invoice would be updated as “sent” with specific details in the EDI Order Inquiry screen. Changes have been made to outbound invoice creation, both manual and unattended, to update each sales order associated to the invoice as “sent” with the specific details in the EDI Order Inquiry screen.
In general, the MAPADOC team highly recommends this feature is not used for EDI Trading Partners. If you want to utilize this feature manually for an EDI Trading Partner you must do so in accordance to the trading partners requirements, keeping in mind that each trading partner may have different requirements. You will need to know that all header values, including UDFs, will be taken from the first sales order assigned to the invoice. All detail UDFs will be taken from the associated sales order line, however the invoice may contain lines from different purchase orders and/or may contain the same item number on multiple lines. Most trading partners will only accept one purchase order per invoice – as the purchase order information is only sent once in the header. If you do choose to use this feature, you must ensure you are complying with your trading partners’ invoice requirements.
For MAPADOC users who have SPS Commerce as the translator, functionality has been provided that will allow you to access the SPS Web Fulfillment portal and go directly to the PO associated with Sales Order or Invoice selected in Sage 100. You will be able to view the PO in a readable form as well as view any documents associated with it.
For those of you with a lot of Sales Order History for your customers and slow performance if you are checking for duplicate POs, relief is here! Modifications were made to improve performance in Validate Sales Order Creation and 850 In: Create Sales Orders so no more waiting around while MAPADOC checks for duplicate POs.
A new variable, Amount Subject to Terms Discount has been added to Invoice Mapping/Creation to supply the proper amount subject to the terms discount on invoices. This will apply when terms codes are setup with a calculation method of “Discount on Line Items Only” of “Discount on Line Items and freight”
AvaTax sales tax calculations will now be processed when sales orders and/or invoices are created from MAPADOC.
If you have a need to send special items on EDI Invoices created by MAPADOC, you now have the ability. MAPADOC EDI Invoice creation process has been modified (both manual and unattended) has been modified to allow special items (items starting with an asterisk) to be sent as line items on the EDI Invoice. The 855 has also been modified to allow special items. This can be particularly useful to respond to invalid items sent on PO as MAPADOC adds those to the order as special items.
To make data entry easier, lookups have been added for NRF Color and size codes in the UPC Code Maintenance option. This enhancement was requested by attendees at MAPADOC Connections 2017!
For those who need to report total pallets on the 753 when the trading partner does not require Tare-level detail on the ASN, the Edit Order Package & Label Data screen now allows the Total Pallets field on the Header Tab to be edited.
MAPADOC now allows you to import the Routing Status CSV file from Walmart’s Retail Link portal saving you time and the potential for data entry errors. This enhancement was requested by attendees at MAPADOC Connections 2017!
MAPADOC now has a Sales Order History UDF Maintenance utility that enables you to update the UDF information required on the ASN and the Sales Order has already been invoiced! This enhancement was requested by attendees at MAPADOC Connections 2017!
Printing a lot of labels and wishing you could sort the labels to make life in the warehouse a little easier? MAPADOC now has options in the Shipment Type Maintenance for label sorting allowing you to sort in a number of different ways that will make the warehouse team a little happier.
- None – No sorting is done, labels are printed in sales order, case order. This is the default and how all labels were previously printed.
- Item Number – This will sort labels by the first item number in the case.
- SO + Item Number – This will sort labels by the sales order number, and then the first item number in the case.
- SO + Line Number – This will sort labels by the sales order number, and then the line number for the first item number in the case.
- Bin Location – This will sort labels by the default bin location for the first item number in the case.
- SO + Bin Location – This will sort labels by the sales order number, and then the default bin location for the first item number in the case.
- DC + PO # + SO – This will sort labels by the DC code (UDF_UDF), customer purchase order number, and then sales order number.
NOTE: This functionality is NOT available if you are printing labels via Crystal Reports as label sorting can be done within the Crystal label formats themselves. This enhancement was requested by attendees at MAPADOC Connections 2017!
The MAPADOC team hopes EVERYONE is using MAPADOC unattended! To make unattended easier for you, MAPADOC now has the ability to email the unattended exception reports processed via Paperless Office right to your email box. The exception reports show up in your email box making processing your EDI by exception just that much easier.
And finally, the cherry on top…MAPADOC has been modified to utilize the Windows Task Scheduler rather than the Sage 100 Task Scheduler. By using the Windows Task Scheduler, we should bypass many of the printer and server setup related issues of the past. This will save time as the Windows Scheduler functionality is more robust. This enhancement was requested by attendees at MAPADOC Connections 2017!
Be sure to join us for one of two webinars scheduled to review and demonstrate the new features now available:
Our CAM team is standing by to help schedule your upgrade. Be the first to reach out to CAM@MAPADOC.com and get on the schedule!