By Jennifer Frimel, 1EDI Source
Reprinted with permission
If you want to do business with the big guys, you’re going to have to do business like them too.
Retailers are desperately looking to you to help manage their supply chain—getting the right product to the right place at the right time, and most importantly, with the right documentation.
This is a huge responsibility. Not only do they slap you with chargebacks when you’re not in compliance, bad EDI can ultimately be damaging to the overall business relationship.
THE SOLUTION: GET GOOD AT EDI.
So, here are five ways you can drive operational excellence with big-box retailers:
- Automate the order to cash (OTC) process.Improve accuracy and efficiency by automating the processing of transactions between customers, 3PL warehouses, and business partners.
- Gain control by rapidly onboarding new trading partners.Avoid risky delays in onboarding or programming in order to support new trading partners.
- Reduce days sales outstanding (DSO).Leverage automated alerts and notifications to identify sales invoice issues before they reach your customer and cause payment delays.
- Manage by exception to decrease chargebacks and deductions.Advance ship notices (ASN) issues or other data errors don’t have to be a cost of doing business. Increase revenue by getting more value out of the supply-chain data flowing through your system.
- Gain visibility and control of your operations.Identify a solution that provides cross-functional users access to critical information in a meaningful format that’ll improve operations.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Contact MAPADOC to learn how you can improve your warehouse by following steps 1-5 above.